Tuesday 9 March 2010

Will it be the Wuthering Hike or the Haworth Hobble?

I set off on the Wuthering Hike last year having persuaded myself that my sprained ankle was fully recovered and that the limp was a figment of my wife's imagination. I managed to remain convinced of this until we left the road onto the stony/bouldery path a mile or so into the race. At this point I realised it was going to be very much a case of the Haworth Hobble rather than a Wuthering Hike but as I had set myself the target of completing the full series I plodded on to finish in not very much under 8 hours.

I picked up a similar injury about a month or so ago running on snow/ice. I had 9 days off, started running again last Tuesday, did two long runs at the weekend and 5 miles today. I can still feel the ankle slightly but my wife has not said anything about a limp so I think I am OK. We will see. I am hoping for better things.

If you do not already know me you will be able to recognise me by the one and only 2009 Grand Slam top with the 100 miles crossed out (as I did not finish it).

For those of you interested in my Nepal fund raising I will have to find a way of getting my sponsor sheet onto this blog. Until then you can email me at dickscroop.talktalk.net for further info or visit the websites in the blog below. The only little bit of news I have about developments in Jyamrung is that they are now moving away from favouring the solar panel solution for getting an electricity supply to linking into the Nepal grid. This will involve laying their own cable to connect with the grid some miles away and providing a transformer in the village. It ties in with another project which is building an 'agricultural road' (unsufaced track) which will facilitate the power line building and also give access to markets for crops and be a first step away from subsistance farming. No final decision taken yet as a report from the Swedish firm advising on this is still awaited.

I might post again next week if I have anything to say about the Wuthering Hike etc.

Good luck to all others who are running it.

No comments:

Post a Comment